Thursday, January 11, 2007

easy?

Whoever said that it would be easy for me to make friends in this place was mostly wrong! I'm fun... I'm hip... I'm cool... I am a little odd at times...(lots of times actually). I like people! Why don't they like me here!? This is like the latest I have ever come back from break. I am really thankful for the friends that I have made. I ate super with Sarah today! Great time! Love that girl! She has other people that she loves here though. I want to feel good about coming back to San Marcos. I don't know if that will ever happen. I want to stop trying so hard to make friends and let some of them make me! Maybe I will give up. Maybe I will be a scary recluse. I could grow my fingernails out really long and never take baths. It really wouldn't be that hard to be a recluse. No one calls me. Just call me Emerson, only without the writing skills. I will be okay though, I know I will. Today I went running at the hospital. After my run, I went to a big open area and laid down on my back. The clouds were moving all around in the sky. God reassured me that He is in control. I know He is. Sometimes it is just a little hard to adjust.

4 Comments:

Blogger steph-a-ronie said...

you ARE hip
you ARE cool
you ARE weird

wait, I went one too far :O)

I love you and I know that even though all this is hard and messy and not fun, you are making this transition with class and care for others.

I love love love you

11:53 PM  
Blogger robin said...

you're SO fun, emerson! and genuine and carefree and silly and creative and loving. one of my favorite people on the earth. :) i just don't know what's wrong w/ those san marcos kids.
how's your new place? hopefully things will be better this semester w/ your new roomie!
you wanna go to on the border w/ me tonight? and then maybe we can go watch a flick ... i really want to see blood diamond or the good shepherd. :)
my family is officially addicted to power scrabble. my dad cheats.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

haha...sure i'll go with you! Thanks for making me feel good. I like it when people love me. I'm glad to be your family supplier.

10:31 PM  
Blogger tamara said...

i love you...you dont need those san marcos kids...you have great true friends that will be will you for life...thats more than a lot of people can say

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home