Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Lining

The other day when Robin and I were hanging our clothes out to dry, I was telling her to watch out for snakes (a phrase that I have heard since I can remember). Dave, our super nice friend that sometimes mows our grass, told me that he saw a snake skin by the fence. When I remembered what Dave said about the snake skin I was begining to rethink my plan of hanging wet clothes on a line at 11:00 at night in tall grass with an evil venom spitting, ankle wrapping, toe biting, snake on the loose. While i was rethinking it...i expressed my thoughts outloud to robin as we used the baby clothes pins, left over from our love tree, to make sure that our little clothes (hankies and such) stayed on. All of a sudden, Robin screamed and looked down. Sure enough... my terrible nightmare came true. A 50 foot long monster of a snake had bitten off her right toe. Right after her scream she proclaimed, "I will never be able to get a pedicure again. Oh the shame of a beauty girl with no toe. I don't think that i will ever be able to stand the torment from the other beauties." Then I promptly picked up the wet black shirt that i accidently dropped on her foot.

2 Comments:

Blogger steph-a-ronie said...

You literary genius you... I can hear your fans screaming. Can you?

We want another chapter!
We want another chapter!

good story!!

9:07 AM  
Blogger robin said...

sheesh gato. it's moments like these that make my ankles swell. :)
one big ol' aggie whoop for country girls who hang their underwear out in the backyard

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home